top of page

Kazan State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering (KSUAE)

6- Kazan State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering (KSUAE)

Former names : Kazan State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering

Type : Public university

Established : 1930

Address :Zelenaya St., 420043 Kazan, Republic of Tatarstan, Russia

History

In 1889, a special commission of the Ministry of Public Education of the Russian Empire, with the initiative participation of the Volga-Ural merchants, decided to open an educational institution in Kazan that prepares technicians - combined Industrial School with two levels of vocational training: secondary chemical and lower technical, with mechanical and chemical and construction majors. With the formation of the Industrial School, the construction education begins in Kazan and throughout the Volga-Ural region. The first stone of the educational building was laid on June 12, 1896. The contract for the construction of educational buildings was concluded with the Trading House of brothers V. and A. Person. The architect of the Kazan educational district S. V. Bechko-Druzin was appointed to monitor the construction of buildings. The building was designed by the famous architect Konstantin Oleshkevich . In accordance with the decision of the Provisional Government of Russia dated May 30, 1917 N 131, it was transformed into the Kazan Polytechnic School with three departments, including construction (since September 30, 1917). On November 21, 1918, by order of N 3420 of the department of higher education of the People's Commissariat of Education, the Kazan Industrial, Economic and Art College was created , which included the former: Kazan Polytechnic School, Kazan Art School, Kazan Commercial School and Vilna Chemical-Technical School. On January 2, 1919, the Kazan Industrial, Economic and Art College was transformed into the Kazan Polytechnic Institute by Decree No. 22 of the Department of Higher Education of the People's Commissariat of the RSFSR, which on January 9 began its work as part of 4 faculties: architectural, construction, chemical, mechanical, economic with an agricultural bias (transformed on February 23, 1919 into the agricultural faculty). Professor D.N. Zeyliger, professor of Kazan State University, was elected the first rector of the Polytechnic Institute; The departments were headed by Professor K. S. Oleshkevich (architectural and construction), Professor A. O. Barshchevsky (chemical), Professor P. I. Zhakov (mechanical), Professor Nikolsky, and subsequently Professor D. N. Zeiliger (economic). On November 2, 1919, the Faculty of Engineering was opened. It consisted of three departments: hydraulic, land reclamation and road bridge. In August 1920, by order of the Glavprofobr of the People's Commissariat of the RSFSR, the institute was included in the list of higher technical educational institutions. On August 8, 1924, the Council of People's Commissars of the RSFSR adopted a resolution on the reorganization of the Kazan Polytechnic Institute into the Kazan Advanced Industrial College . Admission to the college was carried out due to those who completed a full high school, nine years old. The training was conducted according to the curriculum and programs of technical colleges. The same requirements were applied to those who entered college, as were those who entered institutions. On June 18, 1929, the Council of People's Commissars of the RSFSR decided to reopen the Polytechnic Institute in Kazan . Government of the TASSR the institute assigned three additional buildings (including the building of the art and theater college) and allocated 85 thousand rubles for repairs. The Institute has created engineering, chemical and mechanical faculties. The Faculty of Civil Engineering had the same organizational structure and the same specialties as those at the former Polytechnic Institute and the Advanced College. The faculty had two departments - municipal construction and hydraulic engineering. Glavprofobromom established a plan for admission to the first year. In the Faculty of Civil Engineering, he was 60 people. Z. Z. Gimranov was appointed director of the newly created Polytechnic Institute. In 1930, several new independent universities were created on the basis of the faculties of the Kazan Polytechnic Institute . The Faculty of Civil Engineering of the Institute has become the basis for the organization in Kazan of an independent higher construction educational institution . By order of May 13, 1930, No. 255 for the People's Commissariat of Education “On the Reorganization of the Existing Network of Higher Education InstItutIOns”, it was decided (paragraph X): “tO establish a construction institute on the basis of the building faculty of the Kazan Polytechnic Institute with its transfer to the NKVD .” The newly organized technical college is given the name Kazan Institute of Public Utilities (KIKS). The newly created institute begins its work in three faculties: civil engineering, road construction and sanitary. Z. Z. Gimranov was appointed Director of KIKS, and Professor M. G. Yelchaninov was appointed his deputy for scientific and educational work. On March 25, 1932, the institute was renamed Kazan Institute of Public Utilities Engineers , and on October 1 of the same year, in commemoration of the 40th anniversary of the literary work of A.M. Gorky , the NKKH College gives the institute a name of a writer and the institute is named: Kazan Institute of Public Utilities Engineers named after A.M. Gorky . The college also established 5 scholarships to them. Gorky for the best students of KIIKS. KIIKS ceased its activities by decision of the Soviet government in June 1941, a few days before the start of World War II . In accordance with the decision of the Government on new priorities in the training of specialists, the Institute building on 68 Karl Marx Street, the entire laboratory base and other premises were transferred Kazan Aviation Institute (KAI). Students of the construction university could now continue their education in a new specialty - aviation construction. Many professors, teachers and scientists of the institute also went to KAI. Thus, the life of a construction university continued, as it were, as part of another educational institution, albeit in new specialties, but using the accumulated scientific and technical potential and the achievements of scientists and specialists. Naturally, the decisive role was played by the demands of the war, the demands of the front. In 1946, in accordance with the decree of the Council of People's Commissars of the USSR, the Kazan Civil Engineering University resumed its work in the system of the People's Commissariat of Housing and Civil Engineering of the RSFSR - as the Kazan Institute of Civil Engineering (KIIGS). On September 1, 1946, the institute began its first post-war school year. 113 students of the then-only faculty of "Industrial and Civil Engineering" began their studies. KIIGS was temporarily located in leased educational premises of the Kazan Agricultural and Chemical-Technological Institutes. January 21, 1952 KIIGS was transferred to the Ministry of Oil Industry of the RSFSR. This circumstance was dictated by the need to develop the oil industry and the need for qualified personnel in the industry. The material base of the institute was significantly strengthened, the enrollment of students expanded, the training of specialists in the technology of production of building products and parts was opened (1952). The name changed - the institute became known as the Kazan Institute of Civil Engineers of the oil industry .

Kazan Civil Engineering Institute (1957-1995)

In 1957, on June 28, the institute was transferred to the system of the Ministry of Higher Education of the USSR, having received a new name - Kazan Civil Engineering Institute . With this name, the university lasted about 40 years. For many, he still remains the Kazan Civil Engineering Institute - KISI . Since October 1957, the associate professor E.F. Kamyshev, who previously headed the academic and research work, was appointed director of the institute. From this period begins the rapid development of the university. New departments are being organized, the staff of the faculty is expanding, the student population is increasing, and the teaching and laboratory base is being strengthened. In 1995, by order of the State Committee of the Russian Federation for Higher Education N 286 dated February 28, KISI was renamed the Kazan State Academy of Architecture and Civil Engineering .

Modernity

In 1996, a new stage begins in the life of the university, now the Kazan State Academy of Architecture and Civil Engineering(KGASA). With the new status, changes naturally occur in the activities of structural divisions, faculties, and departments. New specialties, scientific directions are being opened, the material and technical base is improving. A significant event in the life of the academy was the opening on September 27, 1996 of the unIversIty’s history museum, which is located on the second floor of the main building. In the same year, KGASA created its own local network, which allows complex automation of all financial and economic activities of the university, and in early 1997 the network was connected to the global international network Internet. Employees and students get the opportunity to access the global information system, which opens up new prospects for improving the educational process, research work. In 1996, the construction of the educational and laboratory building of the Department of Roads and Bridges was started. In 1999, the Kazan School of Design was opened. Her training program is adapted to real (problematic) situations in the field of project activities and takes into account the level of preliminary training of students. The training system is based on the use of modern information technologies. On March 10, 1999, the public organization of the Republic of Tatarstan “KIsI-KGASA Graduates” was formed, uniting on a voluntary basis university graduates of different years. The main goals of the organization were: strengthening and developing mutual assistance and cooperation of graduates; assisting in the training of highly qualified specialists for the construction industry, in strengthening and developing the material and technical base of the academy. On February 6, 2001, the Institute of Transport Facilities was opened at the Academy. Professor A. Brekhman became its director. In the same year, the educational and laboratory building of the Institute of Transport Facilities was commissioned. On the eve of its 75th anniversary (2005 ) the university rises to a new, higher level and becomes the Kazan State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering (KSASU).

University structure

Institute of Architecture and Design

  •  Department of Fine Arts (1998)

  •  Department of Descriptive Geometry and Graphics (1998)

  •  Department of Architectural Design (1966)

  • Department of Reconstruction, Restoration of Architectural

  • Heritage and the Basics of Architecture (2004)

  •  Department of Urban Planning and Rural Planning (1990)

  •  Department of Theory and History of Architecture (2004)

  •  Department of Design of the Architectural Environment (1990)

  •  Department of Interior (2003)

  •  Department of Architecture (1930)

  •  Department of Building Design (2007)

Transport Facility Institute

  • Department of Applied Mathematics (1985)

  • Department of Higher Mathematics (1971)

  • Department of Road-Building Machines (2007)

  • Department of Bridges, Transport Tunnels and Geodesy (2014)

  • Department of Roads (1919)

  • Department of Physical Education and Sports (1960)

 

Institute of Economics and Management in Construction

  • Department of Expertise and Real Estate Management (2014)

  • Department of Municipal Management (2014)

  • Department of Economics and Entrepreneurship in Construction (1985)

  • Department of Foreign Languages (1948)

Institute of Building

  • Department of Industrial Safety and Law (1973)

  • Department of Mechanics (2014)

  • Department of Metal Structures and IP (1973)

  • Department of Technology, Organization and Mechanization of

  • Construction (1966)

  • Department of reinforced concrete and stone structures (1948)

  • Department of Foundations, Foundations, Dynamics of Structures and

  • Engineering Geology (1965)

  • Department of Physics, Electrical Engineering and Automation

  • (restored in 2014)

  • Department of Information Technologies and Computer Aided Design

  • Systems (2014)

Institute of Building Technologies and Environmental Engineering Systems

  • Department of Building Materials (1923)

  • Department of Chemistry and Environmental Engineering in

  • Construction (2006)

  • Department of Technology of Building Materials, Products and

  • Structures (1985)

  • Department of Heat Power Engineering (1972)

  • Department of heat and gas supply and ventilation (1967)

  • Department of Water Supply and Sanitation (1946)

  • Department of Vocational Training, Pedagogy and Sociology (2014)

  • Department of History and Philosophy (2014)

Among graduates

  • Sayfullin, Iskander Fuadovich - co-author of the idea ofreconstructing the Kul Sharif mosque in the Kazan Kremlin

  • Gumerov, Flun Fagimovich - Russian entrepreneur

  • Shashurin, Sergey Petrovich - State Duma deputy

  • Khairutdinov, Zufar Gilmutdinovich - singer and composer.

  • Gainutdinov, Ismagil Galeevich - the first architect from theTatars. The author of the project of the Tatar Academic Opera andBallet Theater in Kazan (1933-56), the author and participant inprojects of monuments to N. I. Stolyarov (1950, sculptor V. I.Mukhina), Salavat Yulaev in Ufa (1967, sculptor S. D. Tavasiev). RiverStation in Kazan (1962, joint with M. Konstantinov) .

  • Ravil Timershin, nicknamed Bubble, is the brightest representative oforganized crime in Nizhnekamsk, the leader of the Tatars organizedcrime group .

bottom of page